Instagram’s new shopping feature, Instagram Shopping, gives your business the ability to easily showcase your products through regular Instagram posts and stories. Users can also search for your products on Instagram using the Search & Explore feature.
On Instagram shopping Your business can tag your products in photos, videos, and stories the same way you can tag people or business accounts in your posts. Instagram Shopping allows the user to view information about the products in the photo directly from the post. By clicking on an image, you can view a more detailed description of the product, add product images, and view other similar products in your online store. This feature makes online stores more likely to convert regular posts and stories on the page into orders.
Instagram’s shopping feature is a great way to increase your online store’s sales through social media. Instagram Shopping allows Instagram users to browse and purchase e-commerce products more easily and quickly, and in the future directly from a regular post or story without leaving the Instagram app.
Follower behavior can be easily monitored in regards to sales with Instagram purchases as purchases are just a few clicks away.
What are Instagram shopping posts?
Instagram Shopping posts make it easy to find products and make it easy and quick for followers to shop online. Instagram Shopping posts don’t leave followers wondering what products are in the posted photo or story, as the product information can be found directly by clicking on the image.
When the user clicks on the message label or the story label, they are redirected to the product description page where the user can see
- photo of your product of you
- Product description
- Price of the product
- a link that takes you directly to their site where you can buy the product.
You can make shopping posts fun with stickers. The desired product is immediately indicated in the story and will appear in the story as a tag with the product. When you click on a story, the product information appears, just like in Page posts.
Shopping posts can also be divided into the “Overview” section, which is visited daily by about 200 million accounts. Instagram Shopping allows Instagram users to find a business and its product offerings, even if they haven’t followed the page yet.
The user can navigate directly from the post to the mobile site and complete the purchase there. If the user does not want to make a purchase decision at the moment, he can also bookmark the product and create his own collections using the “Save” function. This allows the user to return to the product later and complete the purchase process at any time.
Soon, a feature for Instagram shopping will open that allows Instagram users to buy the item they want directly through the Instagram app without going to the website. Paying directly in the Instagram app is currently only available in closed beta in the US, but will roll out to all businesses in the Approved Market at a later date. When a user completes an image, the product information opens in the post. After that, the user will not leave Instagram, but will open the “Checkout on Instagram” icon, by clicking on it, you will be able to select the desired parameters of the product, such as size and color. They then move on to choosing a payment method for the purchase. There the payment information, contact information and delivery address are entered, after which the user can place an order. Alternatively, the user can also opt for the more traditional “View Product on Website”, in which case they will go directly from the publication to the online store.
Who is eligible to use Instagram Shopping?
It’s good to make sure you’re eligible to use Instagram Shopping.
Currently, to access Instagram Shopping, your business must be in a supported market where the Instagram Shopping feature is available. Below you can see the currently approved markets.
Additionally, to use the Instagram shopping feature, your Instagram account and business must meet the following requirements:
- Your business must comply with Instagram’s Business Agreement and Business Policy.
- Your account must have an Instagram business account.
- An Instagram business profile must be linked to a Facebook Page.
- Your business must primarily sell physical goods. Instagram is potentially expanding the availability of Instagram Shopping to other accounts in the near future.
- the business account must be connected to a Facebook list. You can create and manage a list on Facebook in Directory Manager or Business Manager, or through the Shopify or BigCommerce platforms.
If your business meets all of the requirements listed above, you can submit your account for review. The account will be submitted for verification through your profile settings. In the settings, go to “Business” and click on “Instagram Shopping”. It usually takes a few days to verify an account, but sometimes longer. Once you have your account approved, you will receive a notification from Instagram to complete the setup on Purchased and start tagging products in posts and stories.
How to enable shopping on Instagram?
Before you start, make sure your account is approved for the Instagram shopping feature, use the latest version of the Instagram app. Well, that’s it – you’ve set up the Instagram shopping feature on your profile.
You can enable the Instagram shopping feature as follows:
- To go to your profile and click .
- Click Settings.
- Click Business.
- Click Shopping. Attention: Shopping The option is only available to accounts that have been approved for the Instagram shopping feature.
- Select Jack.
- Select the product catalog you want to connect to your business profile.
- Click .
If you don’t have the optionShoppingyour account may be under review or not approved to use the Instagram shopping feature.
Once the above steps are complete, you can start exploring Instagram’s shopping feature.
Submit your product catalog to Instagram.
Next, you need to connect your Instagram business profile to the Facebook listing.
There are three ways to connect a product catalog to an Instagram business account:
- Use an e-commerce platform.If you use Shopify or BigCommerce, you can set up your Facebook store directly through these platforms.
- Use the list manager. This option is best if you plan to connect to an existing list that you already manage or have access to. You can also create a new list in the list manager.
- Add a shop section to your Facebook page.
What you should pay attention to:
- Removal of products from the list. When you remove a product from the catalog, you can no longer display that product on Instagram. You will also lose the information associated with the deleted entry.
- Edit list. If you change the list you’re using with Instagram’s shopping feature, existing product tags won’t be moved, deleted, or changed. You can change the list you want in the settings.
- Not available. If a product is out of stock, the corresponding item is removed. Currently, the tag no longer appears when the item becomes available again.
This is how you can add product tags to your posts.
You can tag products in posts as follows:
- Select the image or video you want, add a title and, if you want, effects and filters.
- On the photo, tap the products you want to tag. For video, an area appears where you can select five main products.
- Enter the names of the selected products.
- Click Done.
- Click “Share.”
If you want to preview the post or save a draft before posting, click Preview Tagged Products or Save Draft. You can tag products in new and previously published posts on your Instagram business profile. You can tag up to five products in one image or video, 20 products in a multi-image post.
Add Product Tags to Instagram Stories
- Select a photo or video to upload to your story.
- Select a product tag from the tag menu.
- Select the product you want to sell from the list.
- Place the product tag where you want it to appear in the story. Note. If you want to change the product name, you must change it in the product catalog before adding the tag. You can change the color of the text on the product label by clicking on the label.
- add stories
A tag can be added to each story.
Tracking the profitability of Instagram Shopping posts
Once you tag products in your posts, you can easily track engagement and click through rate information. However, it is worth remembering that if you remove a tagged product from your post, you will lose the information associated with that product in the post. If you remove a product from your catalog, that Instagram brand will automatically be removed and the information associated with the post will also be removed.
To see all the information about the promotion, click on “See statistics” in the message below the image.
The Instagram Insights tool also allows you to sort the most popular shopping posts based on different parameters.
- It affects your business profile.
- In the upper right corner, .
- Click “Show More” in the “Publications” section.
- Click on the next page title
Instagram Shopping Feature Overview
Instagram’s shopping feature is a convenient way to add conversions directly to the channels your audience is already spending time on. This feature allows you to direct visitors directly to your product or online store and track information to further develop your shopping account.
Instagram shopping works best when you engage in a seamless conversation with the rest of your social media marketing. If you want to learn how to develop your social media marketing, contact us and let’s bring development ideas to life together.